About Me

My photo
"Tout fait Maison" probably is the closest way to express how I like to live my life. I have always love making everything from scratch in my own kitchen since I was a little girl growing up in Hong Kong. Unfortunately kitchens in Hong Kong are much smaller and people do not always have the "real" oven there but only the toaster type oven. Therefore, things did not always turn out in my Hong Kong kitchen until I get my real kitchen here. To me, baking and working with dairy products are like doing science experiments. I get extremely excited when I see that my cheese is forming the way it should be or my bread is rising properly. When my end products come out perfectly, that is probably what I strive for. So I would like to share my secrets with all my friends who enjoy baking and enjoy kitchen experiments as much as I do. I have been a French trained aritsan chocolatier for the last 8 years and I still feel like there are so much to learn in the chocolate and pastry field. Having traveled the world and trained in two of the most amazing schools in France (Valrhona Chocolates and Lenotre),my goal is to spread my joy of baking to all of you.

Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Garlic Noodles






If any of you have been to AN's Family restaurants you should all know the secret garlic noodle that they serve.  I still remember the first time I went to Crustacean in San Francisco and had the garlic noodle it just blew my mind how good it was and ever since then it's history.  Pretty much all we ever wanted was that crazy garlic noodle they charge up the storm for.  And I have been trying to make them with all different ways for years and I knew there's cheese, garlic of course, and tons of butter in it but no matter how I do it, it never comes out the same.  But lately I think I have gotten close to the point that I am satisfied with it and so I would like to share my version of it with you. 

One little note NO SUBSTITUTE please because it kind of only taste right with these exact ingredient and funny enough they are all the cheap stuff.  And you can play with the amount you want to put in as you wish but the two ingredient that makes it is the sugar and the sweet soy!  

Hope you enjoy it as much as I do. And as for the noodles you can use spaghetti, the Pancit noodle that you can find Chinese markets works well with the chew (they are also called YI FU noodles or Cantonese noodles), the Shin Ramen works well or any other instant ramen or any egg noodles of your choice, I like thick and chewy ones. 




Ingredient:

Salted butter (like a little square worth for one serving)
Kraft Parmasean cheese powder (the green bottle we all know that cheap stuff)
Garlic powder (no fresh garlic, fried or anything else must be powder!!!)
Sweet soy or if using regular soy you will need to add more sugar (I like the Lee Kum kee Sweet soy) 
Granulated sugar or organic cane sugar
Noodles

Boil water and add noodles once noodles is done drain and transfer to bowl

Add butter first and toss together until all butter is melted then add the rest of the ingredient and toss till well mixed.  Taste as you go and add more of any ingredient to your liking. 

Enjoy!!!


3 comments:

  1. You making my mouth water already and it's not even noon yet!! WTG Missy Chan!! Looks fantastic

    ReplyDelete
  2. U are always the best!!! My biggest fan :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Any rough guidelines for the amounts of ingredients, or just "wing it" :)

    ReplyDelete