About Me

My photo
"Tout fait Maison" probably is the closest way to express how I like to live my life. I have always love making everything from scratch in my own kitchen since I was a little girl growing up in Hong Kong. Unfortunately kitchens in Hong Kong are much smaller and people do not always have the "real" oven there but only the toaster type oven. Therefore, things did not always turn out in my Hong Kong kitchen until I get my real kitchen here. To me, baking and working with dairy products are like doing science experiments. I get extremely excited when I see that my cheese is forming the way it should be or my bread is rising properly. When my end products come out perfectly, that is probably what I strive for. So I would like to share my secrets with all my friends who enjoy baking and enjoy kitchen experiments as much as I do. I have been a French trained aritsan chocolatier for the last 8 years and I still feel like there are so much to learn in the chocolate and pastry field. Having traveled the world and trained in two of the most amazing schools in France (Valrhona Chocolates and Lenotre),my goal is to spread my joy of baking to all of you.

Saturday, July 16, 2016

Cheese, Bacon and Herbs Cream Biscuits



Southern food had always been one of my favorites food and when my husband lived in New Orleans for a year we had plenty of shrimps and grits and a big serving of these biscuits.  These are so easy to whip up especially when you need them very last minute or when you crave them early in the morning.  With just a few ingredient you will be able to make these amazing little biscuits in 15 mins.



Ingredient:

1 1/2 cup of self rising flour
1/2 cup of shredded cheese (I personally like sharp cheddar)
1/4 cup of bacon bits (I always have a bag of this from Costco)
1/4 cup of chopped herbs
3/4 cup of heavy whipping cream (another must have are the ones from Trader Joes they are UHT and are on the shelves plus they do not need to be refrigerated so you can keep them in pantry whenever you need it)

Preheat oven 450 degrees

Mix flour, cheese, bacon and herbs then add the whipping cream
Mix until batter form then use an ice cream scoop and scoop them onto silpat
Brush the top with more whipping cream and sprinkle some more cheese if you like
I sometimes like to brush a little honey on the top to make a little glaze


Bake for 10 mins.

No comments:

Post a Comment